The GR-2 is a precision time code generator / reader designed for production sound recording. Low power consumption with back lighting assures users of long battery life in a small reliable package.
- READ – Reads SMPTE/EBU timecode at normal operating speeds. Displays timecode, user bits, and frame rate.
- DISPLAY – The display is a two-line, 12 digit low power LCD module that shows timecode/user bits, mode and rate. The user can turn the backlight on or off.
- JAM – Jam syncs to external code and can cross jam different code rates. In JC mode, any break in code will jam to a new value.
- HOLD – Ability to hold the timecode display. The timecode clock and output do not stop while in hold mode.
- CLOCK – Internal clock time (24 Hr), date (DayMonth,MonthDay). The internal clock is used to set the timecode clock at turn on.
- GEN – Generate timecode at 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 drop and non-drop.
- GU – Inserts externally read timecode in to the user bits of the current internal time code. This is useful for music playback with live action recording.
- DELTA – Displays a comparison of the internal timecode to external timecode.
- SIZE & WEIGHT: 3.25″ X 3″ X 1.75″, 0.50 lbs (with batteries)
- TC INPUT: 15dB @ 4.7K input impedance (LEMO)
- TC OUTPUTS: 2V into 1K-load impedance (LEMO & BNC)
- TCXO CRYSTAL: Crystal: +/- 1PPM @ -30 to +75 C
- BATTERY POWER: 2 “AA” batteries (48+ hours)
- EXTERNAL POWER: 6-18V DC (40mA backlight on)
- INTERNAL BATTERY: CR1220 life approx 1 year